Wolf Wilderness Lodge
A 3,000 square-foot Wolf Lodge, reminiscent of a 19th century trapper's cabin, serves as an orientation/education center and features fascinating graphics, video and controllable remote cameras.
The Wolf Lodge and Wetlands features Mexican wolves, beavers, a bald eagle and a variety of wetland species and aquatic life. In 2008, several amphibian exhibits were added in the lodge in celebration of Year of the Frog.
There is also a large observation area that offers a variety of sight lines, including underwater viewing of beaver and various aquatic life. This area includes a 65,000 gallon pond with stream and waterfall, a wetlands display and a gift shop.
- Beaver, American Animal Fact Sheet
- Duck, North American Wood Fact Sheet
- Eagle, Bald Animal Fact Sheet
- Pheasant, Lady Amherst
- Trout, Brook Animal Fact Sheet
- Turaco, Lady Ross's
- Turtle, Blanding's
- Turtle, Common Map Animal Fact Sheet
- Turtle, Snapping Animal Fact Sheet
- Turtle, Spotted Animal Fact Sheet
- Wolf, Mexican Gray