1880 to 1899Significant Events from 1880 to 1890:
1882:Jeptha wade donated 73 acres of land to the City of Cleveland to be used for a zoo, called Wade Park. He also donated 14 American Deer.
1892: Deer Barn and animal enclosures painted.
1893: Eighty-one acres of land, the nucleus for Brookside Park, was purchased. Later in the year, 68 more acres were purchased. This was to be the location of the zoo when it moved from Wade Park.
1894: The City of Cleveland purchased 150 acres, names Brookside Park, which would eventually become the site of the present Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.